Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 1 weigh ins

Wow...Congrats to everyone!! I was just excited to get 1.1 pounds off, but I have to admit I am completely jealous of everyone else's amazing losses this week!! I've never been able to lose weight quickly, and just as I told my family at the start of this, I'm not so much in this for the prizes as I am for the motivation to get started losing weight again. I have to keep reminding myself that even a pound a week adds up to 50 pounds over the course of a year!!

I wish I had more time to exercise and really focus on losing weight, but with 3 young kids, working full-time from home, homeschooling and taking care of a household I'm at the mercy of life when it comes to exercising. But, I'm OK with that now! I have made a goal to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise every day, and so far since Sunday I have done that, so I'm feeling good about keeping my goal and trying to slowly burn off all this excess weight. I do have to admit though, before baby #3 I was doing Zumba 3 times a week and I LOVED it, and I really do miss that hour of exercise but we all make sacrifices and while it was fun and really helped me lose weight, we now have this new baby to buy formula for a diapers so Zumba will have to wait a while...having some sort of group exercise class really does make a difference - the time flies by and you burn so many more calories because you get into it and forget that you're exercising!! If you have the means and time to take a class like Zumba, give it a try - I used to totally look forward to doing it and it was a BLAST!!!

I can't wait to see how much weight everyone loses over the course of this competition, and I have to say that this has really given me a lot to think about in the future. I have learned already lots of great ideas for exercise and weight loss, and just hope that participating this season gives me the foundation I need to finally get healthy and eat right and get moving!! Keep up the good work!!

3 comments:

Briana said...

I love Zumba too! I've been doing it off and on for close to 2 years now. I got the Wii game for Christmas last year and I love that too. It's so much fun!

Lindsey Lu said...

I was also going to say I heard the Wii game is really fun! Maybe you can find a good zumba dvd to use at home? GREAT job on getting in your 30 mins of exercise!!!!! So important and Im glad you could find the time, despite the busy schedule!

Mrs. Gorbe said...

Lindsey, that Wii one is HARD!!!