Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nasty germs...

OK, so obviously I haven't kept up with reposting all my WLB blog posts....there is a good reason though...we've been sick and just posting on there was hard enough.  Instead of re-posting them on here right now, I will just direct everyone to my page with WLB so you can read the little I've written!!

Diana's WLB page

This past week was rough with the kids still getting over being sick and me catching whatever it was they had and trying to just keep my head above water.  It's amazing how much being sick can not only wipe you out, but make even basic housekeeping seem REALLY difficult.  I had 5 loads of laundry piled up that needed to be folded that I didn't get to for days because I just didn't have the energy.  Oh well, I told my husband that the most important thing was that the kids got fed and the house didn't burn down....makes sense, right??

I did manage to make my delicious lasagna for dinner on Wednesday night...and even hubby was surprised since he knew I was feeling like a bus rolled over me.  I knew I had to give him at least one decent meal that didn't come from a box in the freezer this week, and lasagna was one of the easier choices.  Have I showed all of you how I make super simple and yummy lasagna?? If you don't know...ask and I'll tell you - it is Karyl and Freddie's favorite meal by far and even Greg loves it!! I can go from frozen meat to lasagna in the oven in about 30 minutes....then it's only about 30 minutes of oven time after that...impressive, right??

I will tell those of you who haven't been keeping track of my WLB page that I have lost about 5 pounds in the past 3 weeks. Once I get better and can really exercise again the weight should start flying off!! Do you want to know my new motivation/goal?? In mid-December my sister-in-laws, mother-in-law and I are going to see I Love Lucy on stage....and I have a pair of slacks from my in-office working days that I want to wear when we go (I don't want to have to wear a skirt) so my goal is to lose about 15 pounds in the next 7 weeks or so...that should get me into those slacks!!

I figure small goals are easier than huge grandiose ones...right?? Help cheer me on, I could use the motivation!! I know I can do this...come on, I work from home full-time, raise 3 kids and take care of the house...I'm freakin' Super Mom - I can do 15 pounds!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That's awesome!!! Good for you!! I think that's a great goal and you'll do awesome! :) I have no motivation unfortunately...maybe one day! haha

Found your blog on the Hip Homeschool Hop!

Kalista
www.whenwereathome.blogspot.com