Sunday, November 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Blondies and YouTube

Today is a new day....I decided to break out the camcorder and start recording the craziness that is our life...I also made a new recipe that we showed in the video, Peanut Butter Blondies...and they were DELICIOUS!!! I left for choir practice this morning and came home to quite a few pieces missing - Greg loved them, and if he loved them I KNOW they are good!!

So, here is the recipe...you can check out the video on YouTube to see what they look like and hear Karyl testify of their delicious awesomeness!!

This recipe is a large one, it makes two 9x13 pans. I halved everything and made only one and it worked just fine...You can either just make the 2 pans (which isn't a bad idea, they disappear fast!!) or half the recipe and make just one (and no, I didn't use 1-1/2 eggs - I just used 2 and it was fine!).  I will put the original recipe first for two pans, then my scaled down version below...the instructions are the same for both.  Enjoy and let me know what you think!

PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES:

Two 9 x 13 pans:

2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1 pound (about 2-1/2 cups) packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 Tblsp. vanilla

Frosting:
1 pound (about 3-3/4 cups) powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup hot water

ONE 9x13 PAN

1 cups flour

3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 pound (about 1-1/4 cups) packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 Tblsp. vanilla (I didn't measure - just guessed)

Frosting:
1/2 pound (a little less than 2 cups) powdered sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/6 cup hot water (just filled a small cup with hot tap water and drizzled in a little at a time)

DIRECTIONS:

-Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat your pan(s) with cooking spray.

-In a large bowl (I used my stand mixer) beat shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs; beat 3 minutes more. Add vanilla.
-On low speed, beat in the flour mixture.
-If doing the double recipe, divide the batter - then pour batter into pan(s). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes until lightly browned (my single pan needed all 30 of those minutes). Let cool slightly.
-FROSTING - Beat powdered sugar, peanut butter, shortening, salt and vanilla. Add hot water a little at a time. Beat until smooth. Spread over blondies while still warm.
ENJOY!!!

No comments: