Monday, December 28, 2009

Scarves!!!!

Why scarves??


A lady in my sister-in-law's ward is taking them to Afghanistan for the kids there and when my mother-in-law told me about it I decided I wanted to help.






I started out with the middle one, pink and white....it was so soft and kind of fun!! Then I made the all green one and added white to the fringe. Then I decided to go Sesame Street bold and do yellow and white with plain white fringe. These were so much fun to make and I was surprised at how great they turned out...and how warm they were!!




Then I decided to get creative and I asked Grandma B if she had a larger crochet hook than the size "K" I was already using, so that I could try using 3 different colors...and she came back down with this...




This is officially my new favorite crochet hook!! I don't know what size it really is, but I have dubbed it size "ADHD" because it's great for people like me with the attention span of a peanut!! I finished this scarf in under 30 minutes =)




Now I am working on another scarf out of some really fuzzy and soft yarn Grandma B had...I will take a pic of it and post it when I get the fringe on.




I forgot how much fun crocheting in mass could be....now I am wondering...if I made scarves from a nice soft yarn and out of more modern colors...and possibly made a matching hat (beanie) and added a flower or other accent, would people buy them on Etsy perhaps??




What do you think??


UPDATE:



Here is the newest scarf...this is the second one I've made and I really love the colors on it. This is made from a Boucle yarn which can be tricky to work with when you're crocheting, but the risk is well worth the reward I think!! This scarf is SOOO soft...I would wear it, and I'm not even a scarf person!!

1 comment:

Mike and Shelby said...

I love the colors in that last one! I am impressed!