Monday, March 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Let me start out by apologizing for the missing followup post on the Chicken Noodle Casserole...I did indeed make it that night, and it was a dud.  Hubby thought it had no taste, and I agreed.  The kids ate it, but they were really hungry, so that wasn't a good judge of taste either!!  So, I decided to just chalk it up to a new experience and move on.....to dessert!!!

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE

I got this recipe from a Nestle Eagle Brand Cookbook that I got a few years back that is full of desserts, desserts, and more desserts.  I had some cream cheese that was coming up on its lifespan (don't worry, it didn't expire until the end of the month) so I decided to do something with it....I'll show you my pictures, and then have the recipe at the end.

I started out with a home made Oreo cookie crust in a 9 inch springform pan.  You can't see it, but I lined the bottom with parchment paper....a springform pan's best friend!!!


Then I "sprinkled" a cup of chocolate chips on top of the crust...mmm...chocolate deliciousness....


Then I beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until it was smooooooooth.....


I then added a little at a time of eggs, flour, evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk) and sour cream....then poured it on top of the chocolate chips and crust....and sprinkled another cup of chocolate chips on top of that (I think I see where they get the name for the cheesecake from now....)


I then put it in the oven and grabbed the camera and came to the computer to blog this delicious event.  I am trying to be better about blogging more, so I figured there wasn't a more perfect time than while it was in the oven (don't worry, I will come back and post a picture of the finished product when it's done!!

This is a kinda fuzzy picture from the cookbook of what it SHOULD look like...we'll see how close I get to the professionals!!



INGREDIENTS:

About 15 Oreos made into crumbs (one sleeve from the Costco box)
2 Tblsp. melted butter
2 cups chocolate chips, divided
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 Tblsp. flour
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sour cream

For clarification, the Oreo crumbs, butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips are for the crust...the remaining ingredients are for the filling...and the last cup of chocolate chips goes on top!!

Doesn't that sounds delicious??? I asked my family if anyone wanted me to save them a piece and my husband texted me back that his entire team wanted a piece...maybe we'll send a few small pieces their way tomorrow, I love getting feedback from other people, and it means the calories don't stay in the house for me to eat!!!

Alright, that's the buzzer, I need to go put some foil on top and let it finish...can't wait to post the after pictures!!!

No comments: