Saturday, November 21, 2009

An unexpected treat...

So I've been stalking the TCM website looking for Romance/Comedies to DVR lately so I have something decent to watch while the kids are napping and I'm folding laundry or knitting or just relaxing and I recorded this movie a few days ago and got around to watching it this afternoon...

I know a lot of songs from musicals, but I had no idea that this movie had such great music, AND that it is where the song about the "Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe" came from, so that was a nice surprise. It was a super cute movie and it was nice to see a movie where the "good girls" win!!

The last week I have been watching lots of "classic" movies and I have to say that I am truly enjoying them more than most of the modern movies. It is so nice to watch a movie and not have to worry about Karyl seeing or hearing something she shouldn't (not that we watch bad movies anyways, but you get the idea) and that has a real storyline.

So thank you TCM and all of the great actors and actresses from the early 1900's for making such great, wholesome movies...If only we could get Hollywood back to those days.

Oh, and I will be posting the recipe for those peanut butter cream cheese bars soon....thank you Lisa for asking Greg about the recipe!!! Maybe I will send him with some to work one morning...

No comments: