Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back on Track

So, as most of you know our son had surgery on his skull last week so I haven't been keeping up on my blogging...but I'm back and have lots to share!! I'm going to start out of order, but I think it's best...
Last night I decided to make a nice dinner, so I found a recipe for cubed steaks with gravy and it was yummy!!! I even touched raw meat to make the patties (anyone who knows me should be gasping at that revelation...I don't touch raw meat...ewwww) and they were delicious with onions and gravy from cream of mushroom soup and mashed potatoes (Thank you Vidalia Chopper!!).

I also decided to make a nice dessert, so I found a recipe for Cookies 'n Cream Cheesecake. I really don't consider this cheesecake seeing as how there was no cooking. It's more of a pie with an Oreo crust and lots of creamy cream cheese and whipped cream!!!

Those poor Oreos had no idea what was coming....

You have to love a chance to put the yumminess of Oreos with the naughtiness of butter!! Any recipe with 2 block of Cream Cheese in it is given a chance in this house!! The filling in all it's creamy glory!!

And the finished product...I added the Oreos on top myself, looks pretty, doesn't it??

Who knew there was a culinary artist in me waiting to get out??

Now, on to the books I've been reading...I have read over 10 books in the last 2 weeks with the downtime after my surgery and all the time at CHOC with Fredrick, so I'm not going to give you a lengthy review for all of them. Some of them I have already returned to the library and don't even remember what they were called. I did read a few more Debbie Macomber books, but they were her yearly Christmas themed ones and they were great!! One of them was called Mrs. Miracle and I would highly recommend it!!
My sister-in-law also lent me some books my Nicholas Sparks and one by James Patterson. They were great!! The James Patterson one was interesting and definitely kept me glued to the pages. It was called Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas, I think. The Nicholas Sparks books were A Bend in the Road and I can't remember the name of the other one, but it was great!
I also have 2 books that my mother-in-law suggested that are similar to The Work and the Glory, but are based back in the time period of WWII I think...I can't wait to start those!!
So many great books to read and so little time!!!
And for those of you wondering, our son is doing great and we can't wait for him to heal up so we can shave the rest of his head and get his hair growing evenly =)

No comments: