Thursday, September 10, 2009

92 Pacific Boulevard


It seems that in my quest to discover some new books to read, not only did I discover an author that I really enjoyed, but I lucked out again and discovered that she is a current writer, and she has TONS of books that have been published and that she is working on all the time!!
This book, "92 Pacific Boulevard" is 9th in her "Cedar Cove" Series. Now, I didn't know that when I bought it at Costco (I've been borrowing most of the books from the library, but I happened to see this one at Costco) but as I read the history I was informed that is was only part of a series, and now I am determined to start back at the beginning...only I wish I would have known that before I read this one, since now I know what happend to some of the characters that have been developed throughout the series. Anyways, this was a cute book, and I LOVE the characters!! I just love the way Debbie writes and you can really get lost in her books.
So, I don't want to give too much away and I can't wait to start back at the beginning of the series to see how Faith and Troy started dating again (they were high school sweethearts and then widows who found each other again but broke up after Troy's daughter's miscarriage) and about when Olivia found out she had cancer (she apparently was a judge in the town, a very powerful woman!) and about when Rachel was just Jolene's hairdresser (before she started dating her father and they got married).
I have to say though that while I didn't know the history of any of the characters, not only did Debbie include a short and concise list of characters and their descriptions and roles in the community, but she wrote the book in a way that someone (like me) who was unfamiliar with the series could get right into and have no trouble understanding what was going on. At no point did I feel like I had missed something because I hadn't read the previous books in the series!!
So, this was a great book and if the rest of the series is like it I can't wait to get to the library (hopefully tonight) and check out the beginning of the series!! Also, this book had a plug in the back for her next book in the series that comes out in September 2010 called "1022 Evergreen Place." I'm going to have to go back and see whose address that is so I can know who the story will focus on next time and to see whose letters were under the floorboards in MaryJo's half of Mack's Duplex....and how long it takes for Bruce and Jolene to find out that Rachel's pregnant and what happens...Ooh and what happend with Lori and Linc's spontaneous marriage, did they end up falling really in love??...and will Mack and MaryJo get engaged, again....and does David show up again to try and take Noelle???
AHHHH so many questions and I have to wait a year....good thing I have the rest of the series to catch up on (well, that will take all of a few weeks probably)...so it's good then that I have the Twilight movies coming out (YAY!!!) in November and June, that will carry me to next September!!
You're all lucky I hadn't started this blog earlier or you would have had to read miles and miles of raving about those books....let's just say that I've read the series about 3 times, maybe 4....I just love the books!!!
Oh, and last night at Home Depot, as a reward for dragging my sorry self out in to the world while still being held together with Steri-Strips Greg let me get a Paula Deen recipe magazine with all her favorite recipes...so there should be some more baking in the future!!!

No comments: