Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

This past weekend I bought a little cookbook from the checkstand at Stater Brothers from Taste of Home called Cake Mix Treats...all of the recipes start from boxed mixes and that sounded yummy and fun to try!!
So I decided to try my first recipe from it on Saturday and picked an easy one that Karyl could help with...here's what we chose:

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE


The best part about it other than how yummy and easy it was?? It looked EXACTLY like the picture in the book, which is the picture above!!
Here is the recipe....the kids LOVED this one but a word of warning - because it is so moist it crumbles easily and doesn't lend itself to eating with little hands, so utensils are required and crumbs will need to be swept up afterwards!!
Ingredients


•2 cups miniature marshmallows

•1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix

•1-1/4 cups water

•3/4 cup peanut butter

•1/3 cup canola oil

•3 eggs

•1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

•Sprinkle marshmallows into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour over marshmallows; sprinkle with chocolate chips.

•Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.

See - super easy and ready in no time.

EASE OF PREPARATION: 5!!!
OVERALL TASTE: 4
     I loved that I could taste the subtle peanut butter flavor and that the marshmallows made it super moist, but it was almost too stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth moist - so make sure you have a glass of milk nearby because this dessert will leave you asking the age old question "Got Milk??"

Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!! I am going to try and get back to at least one recipe a week on here...Pinterest has given me some amazing inspiration and I am finally at a place where I feel like I have a few extra minutes a day where I can get on here and post. Working full time from home with 3 kids is definitely much more time consuming that with just 2 kids - but just as worth it!!

No comments: