Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm back!!!

Well, I have lots of recipes and fun things that I've been wanting to post, but apparently Google has decided to strong arm everyone into using Google Chrome. They made it virtually (and literally) impossible for me to post anything because I use Internet Explorer...and I refused to change just because they said so.

But, I love this blog and sharing my experiences more than my browser pride, so I sucked it up and downloaded Google Chrome - however, I will ONLY be using it for blogging....nothing else!!

So...I have lots of stuff to blog about!!! We made Maple Bars from Make Lemonade and More!, I made some Lofthouse Style Sugar Cookie Cars from Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake, and some Double Chocolate Banana Bread from The Sisters Cafe.  All three of the recipes were hits around here and I would recommend you giving them a try!!

First up we'll cover the Maple Bars from Make Lemonade and More!


Oh yes, that is one FINE looking donut!! The best part?? That puppy is BAKED, not fried!!


Since this post is going to have lots of stuff I'm just going to post links to the original blog posts and you can go there to get the recipes and see how it was originally done!!

Side note for these donuts - only frost them all if you are eating them that day, otherwise just frost what you plan to eat and store the frosting until you are going to use it. After a day, the frosting started to separate and slide off the bars...not a pretty sight!!

EASE OF PREPARATION: 4 out of 5 (I have limited dough rolling space so it was a nuisance)
OVERALL TASTE: 4 out of 5


Next is Double Chocolate Banana Bread from The Sisters Cafe

I apparently didn't take a picture of this, or the cookie bars below so you'll have to trust me that they turned out just like the pictures from their respective blog homes and give them a try!!


My only suggestion with this one is to WATCH THE BAKING TIME.  Our oven always takes longer than most to cook, and I had set mine for the minimum suggested time of 60 minutes and my bread was overcooked. I would check it after 50 minutes and see if a knife or toothpick comes out clean....let's face it, no one likes burned banana bread - and NO ONE wants to waste perfectly good chocolate bread!!

EASE OF PREPARATION: 5 out of 5 - it's quick bread, 'nuff said
OVERALL TASTE: 4 out of 5 - Maybe I wasn't in a banana bread mood when I tried it, but others would have given it a 5 out of 5!!


Last, but certainly not least are the Lofthouse Style Cookie Bars

These were DELICIOUS!!! So much better than I had thought they were going to be!! A perfect treat to take to friends and anyone else who might need a sugary boost!


On this one I have nothing to add, they were perfect in every way...but I swear that everything from Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake always is.  If you ever want a recipe that you KNOW will turn out amazing, get one from this website. I have yet to make one recipe from her that doesn't turn out as awesome as hers did!!

EASE OF PREPARATION: 5 out of 5
OVERALL TASTE: 5 out of 5 - these were super yummy, the kids even loved them!!


I'm sorry this post is short and sweet (really, really sweet) but I finally am able to post and wanted to do it while Nicole was napping and Freddie and Karyl were entertained by Dora...finding free time with 3 kids is proving to be more and more difficult!!

Give these recipes a try and then let me know in the comments how they turned out for you!!


No comments: