Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pretzel Dogs

I got a photo message on my phone from my wonderful husband the other day who has far too much faith in my cooking skills, showing a picture of a picture of an odd looking pretzel with the caption "Do you think you could make this?"

After a few attempts to connect back and forth I got him on the phone and he told me what it was....and asked if I could figure out how to make a "pretzel dog."  I told him with all the phony confidence I could muster "Sure, I could do that...give me a few days and I'll make them for you."  I can't help it, talking to him makes my brain go to mush and I don't think very clearly.  I had NO idea how I was going to go about making those pretzel dogs...the closest thing I could think of was wrapping a hot dog in a croissant - which I have actually done before in a bite-size form.  But I was guessing it was the pretzel portion of the food that got his attention, and we all know croissants aren't the same thing.

So, I did what any devoted, loving wife and mother would do in my situation...I turned to the all powerful Google and BAM - I found exactly what I was looking for.  I also found a new cooking website that I am in love with - A Dash of Sass.  I will post the link to the blog and recipe below.

Tonight I am going to attempt to make the ever tasty pretzel dog...and I will let you know how it goes.  I think it will be rather yummy, but you never know!!


By the way, I have been doing a lot of cooking, I just haven't been good about posting.  I know, kind of disappointing.  I am going to try and do better now that I have a more definite schedule and have more energy from all the exercise!!

No comments: