Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time to make the donuts!!!

Do you like donuts???


Yeah, so do the kids...

I like them too, but can't stand how greasy they are when you get them from a donut shop...it doesn't bother the kids, but when you get old and don't have a gallbladder anymore greasy isn't your friend!

So, another wonderful mom shared this cake mix donut recipe with me from a blog she watches and we tried it tonight. They may not look as pretty as they could, but they are DELICIOUS - and WAAAAYYYY better than any donut shop donut.

Seriously, after eating these I don't think I can ever eat another donut shop donut again.

These are cake-like and BAKED, not fried, so they are light and yummy and delicious and scrumptious and amazing!

Here's the link to the blog with the original recipe. Here are my changes....

*We used a strawberry cake mix...still delicious!
*I used an equal amount of sour cream instead of buttermilk (Yeah, I'm cheap like that)

Give them a try...and let me know what you think!!


EASE OF PREPARATION: 5
OVERALL TASTE: 5!!!!!!!!!

Go...now...they are calling you....

No comments: